The Castle at Newcastle Emlyn
The castle was probably originally built around 1240. The castle changed hands between the Welsh and English several times. In 1403 the castle was taken by Owain Glyndwr, but was in ruins by 1428. Sir Rhys ap Thomas repaired the castle in about 1500. It changed hands again a number of times before the Civil War during which it was held by Parliament until it was captured by Royalists in 1644. After the surrender of the Royalists, the castle was blown up and it has been neglected since.